- Resource for Long-Distance Caregivers
- 15 Ways to Take Care of Your Elderly Parents
- Part B Premium Increasing 17% in 2008
- How to Know if An Assisted Living Facility is Providing Good Care
- Men More at Risk for Parkinson's Disease, Lou Gehrig's Disease
Ever get objections from the man of the household that he won't need LTC? This is a great article with scientific evidence that men have a 50% greater chance to develop Parkinson's disease than women. More>>
- BLUECROSS BLUESHIELD OF TENNESSEE ANNOUNCES $67 MILLION PREMIUM PAYBACK
Great Opportunity for Employers to Use the Savings to Keep Key Executives Happy with 10-Pay LTCI Plans! More>>
- FDA Approves New Drug for Alzheimer's
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Friday gave its approval to memantine, which has long been sold in Europe.
- CNA Ceases ALL Individual LTCI Sales October 3, 2003 (PDFfile)
Emerges from Bankruptcy September 10, 2003
Conseco, Inc. announced today that its sixth
amended joint plan of reorganization under Chapter 11, which was confirmed by
the U.S. Bankruptcy Court yesterday, has become effective. More>>
- INDIANAPOLIS — Insurance
and finance company Conseco Inc., facing $6.5 billion in debt and
a federal investigation of its accounting practices,
filed for Chapter 11 protection in the third-largest bankruptcy in U.S.
history.... Company officials have said Conseco's insurance subsidiaries
have remained fundamentally sound despite the parent company's debt problems..... More>>
- VA Cutbacks
Nursing Home Compare Study Released 11/12/02
- Largest Employer in
the USA establishes LTC insurance program!
- SOA's 3rd
Annual LTCI Conference in Las Vegas (PDF File)
Boomers "Retirement Reality Check"
Expect Unlimited Home Health Visits or Alzheimer's Patients
LTC Tax Credit Given to Louisiana Residents
- Phyllis Shelton's
response to Jonathan Clements, Wall Street Journal, 1/29/02
How Much Insurance Is Needed To Help Cover Long-Term Care?
Medicaid Program in Limbo
- 12% of employers plan to buy LTC
- The growing appetite
of senior entitlements
- Should YOU Consider
Long-Term Care Insurance?
- Funding LTC with Life Settlements